A Year at Sainsbury's

My diary of weekly trips to Sainsbury's to do my shopping whilst my wife is abroad for a year!

FRIDAY 22 SEPTEMBER - NECTAR POINTLESS?

I’m in just before lunch today and it’s really quiet. Think I’m getting the hang of this! A really dull shopping experience, nothing to report. I’ve started looking at my bills in more carefully following the ‘Think Cashier’ message (still not sorted). I notice that there is a Nectar points statement at the bottom. I now have 1462 points! I presume this means I can get a free bag of crisps or something. I really don’t know why they bother with all this – the amount you ‘earn’ is so small and is it worth all the effort? Why not just give people who spend over £50 money off at the check out? Now that would be a real incentive! Anyway I’ve gone back to my earlier entries and put in the Nectar points balance, not sure why, it just seems an informative thing to do. Also there is a ‘Nectar Qualifying Balance’ which equals the amount of my bill – I presume that some purchases don’t qualify for Nectar points. What could these be I wonder? I also notice that the bill says at the bottom ‘Please keep for your records’. I wonder how many people (apart from me) actually keep their bills?

Items bought 36
Cost £63.81
Cost per item £1.62
Checkout number 20
Nectar Points balance 1462