A Year at Sainsbury's

My diary of weekly trips to Sainsbury's to do my shopping whilst my wife is abroad for a year!

SUNDAY 24 DECEMBER 2006 – "ONCE, TWICE, THREE TIMES IN SAINSBURY’S …"

Damn. Back again on Christmas Eve. We actually ran out of some things before the great day! So I’m back for some speed shopping (a bit like speed dating, but with a trolley). And I’m in and out in record time (don’t ask). And as I got it all in a basket (just) I was able to go through one of the ‘Baskets Only’ checkouts (another one off the list!). But then … disaster. No Nectar card. I think my wife kept it after the great theft of points on 21 December and so as my bill says ‘Using a Nectar card today would have earned 52 Nectar points’ this has cost me 25p. Oh well. Happy Christmas (again and for the last time – hopefully … ).

Items bought 13
Cost £26.12
Cost per item £2.00
Checkout number 6
Nectar Points balance Not known (see above)