A Year at Sainsbury's

My diary of weekly trips to Sainsbury's to do my shopping whilst my wife is abroad for a year!

SATURDAY 23 SEPTEMBER - BRINGING HOME THE BACON

Yes, I’m back again. Daughter off to university tomorrow so we’re doing a ‘big shop’ so she can eat for the next couple of weeks. Actually it’s quite relaxing – I push the trolley and she does all the shopping! We try and find some British unsmoked bacon (I’m sorry, I refuse to buy Danish bacon or, worse still, bacon from the EU) but it is virtually impossible to find any. In the end we find some Duchy bacon, I presume this is the stuff Prince Charles has for breakfast? I’ve worked out that I get 2 Nectar points for every qualifying £ spent. Yippee!
Items bought 71
Cost £117.67
Cost per item £1.65
Checkout number 16
Nectar Points balance 1696